Our Current Response to the Coronavirus SituationMarch 12, 2020 Announcements
To our FOG Family,
As you most likely are well aware, the coronavirus situation continues to evolve as more schools, sporting events, businesses, etc. are taking unparalleled measures to help slow down the spread of this virus. We also want to respond to this current situation in a measured, appropriate way. While we don't want to overreact based on fear, we also don't want to under-react by ignoring responsible concerns and apprehensions. Some of our members and guests are in the most susceptible group (over 60 years of age and with previous/current breathing or respiratory medical conditions).
Here are a few reminders & ways we are responding at Fellowship of Grace:
1) As always, if you have any flu-like symptoms, please stay home, especially if you currently have a fever.
2) During the welcome time in the worship service when most people usually shake hands, if you are more comfortable fist bumping or elbow banging, offer those up. If someone reaches out their hand and you don’t want to do that, just offer up your fist and they will know that is the proper way you would like to be greeted. No one will be offended.
3) Please be diligent in washing your hands. There is hand sanitizer in each of the restrooms. After washing your hands with soap and water, please sanitize your hands for your and everyone else’s protection. There will also be a hand sanitizer station as you are entering and leaving the worship center for your convenience.
4) We are taking extra precautions with doing some additional cleaning and wiping down of high traffic areas and children's classrooms.
5) If you do decide to stay home, don’t forget that you can listen to the sermon online HERE or via the FOGKC app by Tuesday every week. You can also give online through our app or our website HERE. If needed, you may also explore what it would look like to participate in your community group via FaceTime or Skype. Do your best to stay connected to each other, even if it means being getting a little creative during this time.
We will continue monitoring the situation and if further steps need to be taken, we will do so. Don’t forget, Satan wants to create distance between you and the body of Christ, His church. Be wise, but don’t fall into the trap of being overly fearful. Our lives are in God’s hands and He is still in charge of the entire universe including the current coronavirus situation. We love you and want you to be comfortable with your decisions and responses.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give any of your pastors a call and we would be glad to answer those questions.
Hope to see you Sunday!!!
- Your FOG Pastors